Modern mothers often have to deal with situations of a lack of milk formula in the glands. Here it becomes necessary to feed the child so that his/her growth and development don’t slow down. Supplementing babies can be done using special milk formulas. The baby’s digestive system is tuned to breast milk, and when the formula enters it, various unexpected reactions are possible. You need to especially carefully choose the milk formula and monitor the baby’s reaction.
Many moms choose Holle organic formula from thebestfromjapan.com when either supplementing breastfeeding or using organic milk formula instead of breastfeeding. The best from Japan offers vitamin-rich milk formula for babies of different ages. Your baby will grow healthy if you choose Holle organic formula that contains only top-quality ingredients.
How to Determine Baby’s Needs for Additional Milk Formula?
To determine the baby’s needs for additional nutrition, the age of the baby and the type of formula used should be taken into account. First, the total daily nutritional requirement of the infant is calculated:
- For a baby under 10 days old with a weight of less than 3200 g, to calculate the required amount of food, you should multiply 70 by age in days (with a weight over 3200, multiply 80 by age in days);
- A child under 2 months old is given food in the amount of 20% of the bodyweight;
- Children from 2 to 4 months require food in the amount of 1/6 of their weight;
- Babies over 4 months to 6 months of age need nutrition in the amount of 1/7 of their body weight;
- Children aged from 6 months to 1 year require a daily intake of food in the amount of 1/8 to 1/9 of their weight.
Divide the total volume by the number of feedings and find out the approximate amount of food that the baby needs in one feeding. If you choose Hipp organic formula from thebestfromjapan.com, you’ll find it easy to feed your baby by following the instructions.
How to Give Milk Formula to the Baby: Rules to Follow
It is necessary to prepare the organic milk formula for use in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. There are different milk formula options available. Dry foods require boiling or adding warm water and stirring until they are dissolved. There are also ready-to-use liquid mixtures, which are enough to warm up in a water bath.
Artificial feeding rules for babies of the first year of life:
- The temperature of the product should be 37-38 ° C. If the mixture was previously boiled, it must be cooled to a suitable temperature. Prepare food for the baby in advance to feed the baby on time.
- Pour food into sterilized dishes. The presence of pathogenic microorganisms in the bottle can provoke a malfunction of the child’s gastrointestinal tract.
- Position the bottle at an angle during feeding. This will eliminate the possibility of the baby swallowing air, which leads to regurgitation and vomiting.
- The mixture can be stored for 2 hours at room temperature and 24 hours in the refrigerator. In artificial nutrition, there are no components that suppress the growth of pathogenic microflora, which are rich in breast milk. Therefore, the storage period is limited. If there is still food left in the bottle, it cannot be used for the next feeding. You should rinse the bottle and sterilize it.
Each mother chooses a product to feed her baby, taking into account the recommendations of the pediatrician, the age of the child, as well as the ingredients of the milk formula. Japanese scientists have developed an organic milk formula that can successfully replace the natural nutrition of infants.