Italy is a top holiday attraction because of its rich cultural heritage, culinary delicacies, and architectural wonders.
With spectacular beaches and mountain ranges, this birthplace of Renaissance has every reason to be your next vacation destination. To make your Italy trip a memorable one, you should book a tour plan such as the Grand tour Italia with a reputed travel agency.
Best Places to Visit When You Go to Italy
According to the latest reports, Italy has opened its borders for tourists and global travelers from mid-May 2021. The decision was taken to restore the tourism sector, which constitutes 1.8 percent of Italy’s total gross domestic product.
Here are the top places that you should not miss when you plan an itinerary to visit Italy.
Located in Southern Italy, it is one of the busiest metropolitan cities in the world. Here are a few places that you can visit at the regional capital of Campania, located in Southern Italy.
- Ruins of ancient cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum
- See Michelangelo’s unique art forms
- National Library of Naples
- Volcanic Mount Vesuvius
- Capodimonte Museum
Milan is the fashion capital of Italy. It has a mix of historical architecture and modern high-rise buildings.
The best tourist attractions in Milan are:
- The monumental building of Milan Cathedral – the Italian Gothic style architecture is also known as the Piazza del Duomo.
- The Santa Maria Delle Grazie – you can see ‘The Last Supper,’ Leonardo Da Vinci’s masterpiece inside this Church.
- The Grand Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II – one of the oldest shopping complexes in the world. It was built by Guiseppe Mengoni. You can find high-end brands like Prada and Versace in this shopping mall.
- The Castello Sforzesco – this historical castle is home to small museums that preserve ancient artifacts.
- The Pinacoteca di Brera – this fine art gallery contains ancient Italian art forms.
- The Leonardo da Vinci national museum of science and technology.
- The Piazza del Duomo – it features impressive Italian architecture and sculptures.
Ranked among the top European tourist destinations, Rome is one of the most ancient cities in the world.
If Rome is a part of your Grand Tour Italia, you can see the following places.
- The Colosseum – Built by the Roman emperors, it is a theater that can host around 80,000 spectators.
- St. Peter’s Basilica – One of the most magnificent buildings in the world, it is considered a holy shrine for Catholics.
- The Pantheon – It is among the preserved ancient Roman buildings in the world.
The city is among the most spectacular destinations in Italy. Here are some best tourist spots in Florence.
- The Galleria Degli Uffizi – This ancient art museum features the best Renaissance masterpieces.
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa – just over an hour’s drive from Florence, this remarkable structure is among the seven wonders of the world.
- The Piazzale Michelangelo – This famous viewpoint offers the best view of the city. You can reach it via Piazza Poggio by climbing the famous stairs known as the Rampe del Poggi.