This is a sponsored guest post.
Have you heard about the latest fashion trend? As per Google search trends, magnetic eyelashes were the top trending beauty trend all through 2018.
Whether you are blessed with naturally thick lashes or not, a set of lengthy and voluminous lashes can add a dash of glamour and drama to any look.
Despite the growing number of people using false lashes as part of their daily routine, the common misconception is that they look ‘fake’ or that they are difficult to apply.
Fortunately, there are now various types of false lashes available, tailored to what women really want. Be it a super-natural look to a super dramatic one. It all comes down to picking the right pair and knowing how to apply them. Magnetic eyelashes are one such fashion trend.
This novel lash format uses a sandwiching trick. One strip goes under the natural lash, while the other goes over it. The tiny magnets at the base of each strip snap together when aligned at the lash-line. Simple. No glue, no messy application.
But do they actually work?
They certainly do. But the application requires a minor learning curve. But let’s face it, that’s true for every element of makeup. Even traditional fake eyelashes take a bit of practice before you are confident.
The good news is that each set of magnetic false eyelashes is normally accompanied by a set of instructions. The instructions are the same or similar for most brands. This is how it typically goes:
1. Once you open your lash case, 4 separate lashes and you might wonder why. This is because magnetic lashes require 2 sets per eye. The part that is to be placed under your natural eyelashes is generally marked with a coloured dot or similar signifier. Read the instructions manual to find out how exactly to tell the top and bottom pieces apart.
2. Now with your eye open, set the bottom section of the lash just below the upper lashes, pushing it into place as close to the lash line as possible. Now close your eye shut.
3. Similarly, now place the upper part of the lash just above the upper natural lash lining up with where you have placed the lower section. Again, keep it as close as possible to the natural lash line. Once the lash is placed, it will connect magnetically with the bottom lash creating a force that will not budge.
4. Bear in mind that you might not get it right the first time. Keep trying until you can apply magnetic lashes more smoothly. Just like the traditional fake lashes, these take practice.
5. If it’s time to take them off, you should always use your thumb and forefinger to slide the two parts of the eyelash apart.
Please don’t pull or tug at the lashes for this might damage your natural lashes and ruin their shape.
Instead, try to gently separate the lashes apart from each other.
Another great thing about magnetic lashes is that you can totally reuse them. Some magnetic eyelashes can be reused up to 50 times if you’re careful while handling them. Here are a few tips:
· Make sure your hands are clean when removing them
· After taking off, gently wipe with a damp cotton pad to remove residue from makeup
· Pop right back into the storage case to keep them safe
One concern that all new users of magnetic eyelashes have is whether they are safe? The answer is absolutely yes. In fact, you might even go as far as to say that they are safer than the traditional adhesive lashes.
This is because they don’t use any harsh chemicals to attach the lashes. You only need the magical, scientific power of the magnets.