This post is brought to you by green apple solutions.
Accidents can happen at any time and to any driver, irrespective of how careful they are on the road. If you have been involved in an accident like most other drivers there is the need to visit the best Northeast Portland Auto Body Shop for the repair of your car.
Seeing as you car may be damaged in different ways, depending on the type of accident you have been involved in, below are some of the common accident repair services you can enjoy from an auto repair shop.
1. Paintless Dent Removal (PDR)
Minor impact on car such as paint scratches made by grocery carts, hail, flying rock or other objects may cause damages to the paint of your car or leave noticeable dents. If left unattended to, even minor dents can cause bigger and more expensive paint problems later. To ensure that you get the most of your car and avoid further damages, the process called Paintless dent removal is recommended.
PDR does not require fillers or sanding. A trained auto body repair shop specialist can employ the use of a variety of special tools to gently and slowly push the dents back into its original shape and condition. The paintless dent removal is a cost-effective and long-lasting procedure to getting your car to its original condition.
2. Auto Body Painting
A new paint job may be required as part of the collision repair service. Paint job can also be done for older cars or to help improve the appearance of the car. Body shops routinely take on paint jobs on vehicles with bodies that have been marred by scratches, rust, paint chips, paint swirling, or other damages.
A trained technician will follow the following procedure to ensure that the process is completed and the results are as desired.
- The surface of the car will be sanded down to the bare metal and cleaned thereafter
- Corrosion-resistant primers will be applied and allowed to cure
- The cured primer is also sanded down and the surface cleaned carefully.
- Several layers of paint will be applied using a sprayer and allowed to properly dry. Drying may take as long as 7 days.
- A clear coat of paint is then applied to the finished paint to improve the glossy appearance
- The exterior of the car is buffed and polished.
3. Window Repairs and Replacements
Auto repair shops offer a wide range of auto glass damage repair services. Auto glass repair services offered may include repair of chips, cracks, and breaks. In some cases, the damage may be repaired while in other cases, a total replacement of windows o windshields may be required.
Ensure to ask your local auto body repair shop for possible glass replacement and repair technicians who are able to attend to your needs. Be sure to inquire what the best line of action will be, whether repair or replacement of auto glass.
4. Frame Testing and Straightening
Recent accident studies revealed that as much as 50 percent of car accident victims report frame damages as part of the damages sustained by their cars. Frame damages may also include minor fender benders in the event of low impact accidents. A weakened frame can put the vehicle owner at risk and this is why it is recommended that vehicle owners seek out their auto repair service experts in the aftermath of accidents to have their cars thoroughly examined and attended to.
A bent frame presents car owners with several disadvantages including uneven tracking on the road, poor handling and may also cause the tires and steering component to wear out faster than it should.
To ensure that your vehicle frame is safer and you are also safer on the road, the technician at the auto body repair shop may take the following steps:
- Visual inspection of the car frame in order to better understand the extent of damage.
- In the event of damage, the extent of damage is determined and the car is placed on a frame alignment machine
- The frame alignment machine straightens out the frame using hydraulic force and torque until the car is restored to its original condition.
How To Find A Good Auto Body Repair Shop
Finding a good auto body repair shop can be a daunting task and this is why it is recommended that you begin the search by asking family and friends for possible recommendations based on their first-hand experience. If that fails, you should conduct a simple search on the internet making sure that you read the reviews left by past clients on the auto body shop’s website and make decisions based on this.