I have received information, a product package and compensation from Beneful for this post. All opinions are my own.
What Makes Dogs Happy?
In honor of National Dog Week Beneful conducted a national Omnibus *survey of dog owners to find out what activities make dogs the happiest. Here are those results.
“For owners looking to celebrate National Dog Week with their four-legged BFF, here are 10 activities that owners surveyed say make their dogs happy:
- Eating treats (96%)
- Mealtime (90%)
- Chewing a bone (87%)
- Going on walks (86%)
- Snuggling (84%)
- Playing fetch (74%)
- Riding in the car (71%)
- Going to the dog park (56%)
- Running/jogging with someone (55%)
- Being brushed/groomed (48%)
No more excuses! Getting active together leads to happy dogs (and a healthier you)
- Dog owners surveyed report that dogs are happy when they are getting active with their owner. Activities include: going on walks (86%), playing fetch (74%) and running or jogging with someone (55%).
Daily adventures make for happy dogs
- According to dog owners surveyed, daily adventures like riding in the car (71%) and going to the dog park (56%) make dogs happy. So get out there and explore together!
The bond between dogs and owners is undeniably strong, and often surpasses dog owners’ relationships with other friends and family
- Four-legged family members: Nearly all (96%) of respondents agree that their dog is part of their family.
- BFFs: More than eight-in-10 dog owners surveyed (82%) agree that their dog is one of their best friends.
- More insightful than humans?: Nearly six-in-10 (58%) of respondents agree their dog understands them like no human could.
o Interestingly, female dog owners feel an even stronger connection with their dogs than their male counterparts. Two-thirds (64%) of women surveyed agree their dogs understand them like no human could, compared to just 50% of men.
Food and treats are the way to your dog’s heart
- Not surprisingly, dog owners surveyed reported that eating treats (96%), mealtime (90%) and chewing a bone (87%) are the top three activities that make their dogs happy. Food is king when it comes to dogs’ happiness.”
My dogs are huge fans of Beneful dry dog food. We were sent sample packs of the Beneful for our 2 dogs to try out. I couldn’t believe how much they both loved it!
For Zoey we received the Incredibites for Small Dogs with Real Chicken, accented with Carrots, Sweet Potatoes & Spinach. Zoey really enjoyed this food as you can see, she was licking her lips. The small bites are perfect for her since she is so tiny.
For Daisy we received the Beneful Originals with Real Beef, accented with Spinach, Peas, & Carrots. To say she gobbled this up would be an understatement. I have never seen her enjoy dog food so much! It was gone so fast.
When it was gone she just sat there looking at me like “Is there more? I want more!”. I’m very impressed, it must be a delicious flavor for sure!
Right now you can print a Coupon for $3 off Purina Beneful Dry Dog Food(13 lb. or larger) Any Variety! Be sure to grab that so your pooches can enjoy this food as much as mine did!
For more information about Beneful Dog Food visit Beneful.com.
*About the survey-
“In honor of National Dog Week, Beneful conducted a national Omnibus survey of dog owners to capture insights about the activities that make dogs happiest. The 2015 Beneful National Dog Week Survey presents the findings of an online survey conducted September 10-13, 2015 among a sample of 425 U.S. adult dog owners, comprising 193 men and 232 women 18 years of age and older. Had this been a probability sample, the margin of error for a sample of this size is ± 7% at a 95% level of confidence.”