“Take out the trash, eat your broccoli—who needs moms, anyway? Nine-year-old Milo (Seth Green) finds out just how much he needs his mom (Joan Cusack) when she’s nabbed by Martians who plan to steal her mom-ness for their own young. Produced by the team behind “Disney’s A Christmas Carol” and “The Polar Express,” “Mars Needs Moms” showcases Milo’s quest to save his mom—a wild adventure in Disney Digital 3D™ and IMAX® 3D that involves stowing away on a spaceship, navigating an elaborate, multi-level planet and taking on the alien nation and their leader (Mindy Sterling). With the help of a tech-savvy, underground earthman named Gribble (Dan Fogler) and a rebel Martian girl called Ki (Elisabeth Harnois), Milo just might find his way back to his mom—in more ways than one.”
Imagine if you were abducted my Martians today, right now. What would your family miss most? What would your kids miss most?
I think my little Bug would miss so much about me if I was gone. He is three years old and is very much a mommy’s boy. He has a hard time being away from me at all so I can’t even imagine how he would cope if I was gone. Here are the top 10 things that would be missed most with me being gone:
1. CLEANING- I can only imagine how my home would fall apart if I were abducted by Martians! Now I’m not saying that I do everything (not at all), but a lot of the chaos around my house is controlled due to me being here. Case and point; when I’m sick my house starts to look like a land fill. 🙂 Strictly from a hygiene stand point, my family would miss a semi-clean house the most (yep I said semi-clean, I’m not super woman!).
2. HUGS AND KISSES– I love hugging and kissing my family. I want them to know they are loved and a nice big hug and kiss can say it so well.
3. PLAY TIME– I try to make a point of setting aside playtime each day with Bug. We love playing imagination. Lately he likes to say I am a princess or a witch, (probably depending on my mood for the day LOL).
4. DINNER– Of course they would miss the home cooked meals. Who wouldn’t? I’m sure the Happy Meals would be fun for a few days but then they are going to want some yummy healthy food.
5. SONGS– I love to sing songs to Bug at night before he goes to bed. We sing fun and silly songs and also sweet lullaby songs. It is a great bonding time for us to I know he would really miss it a lot.
6. BEAUTY– I am like the flower in this house of boys! So I think they would miss my beauty (both in and out) Ahhhhhh…
7. MY DOGS- Even my dogs would miss me (yes they are my kids too). They follow me everywhere I go when I’m home. They even give away my hiding spots when I try playing hide and seek with Bug. They are mommy’s girls as well. What can I say, I’m great! (LOL!)
8. SILLINESS– I love being silly and having fun. So I’m sure my family would miss my wacky acts and silly jokes. Lots of laughing at our house (that is the way it should be right?)
9. CUDDLING– I just love cuddling up with Bug and watching a movie. It is so fun and a great excuse to have a three year old actually let me hold him. I look forward to our movie time and how nice and quiet it is.
10. NURTURING– I think most of all little Bug would miss my nurturing. His dad is great and so much fun but when it comes to getting hurt or upset there is only one person he wants to make him feel better and that is mom.
I’m so glad I won’t have any Martians abducting me anytime soon (at least I hope) so my family doesn’t have to learn to cope without me! I would love to hear what you guys think your family would miss most!! Be sure to share!
*I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.