This is a sponsored guest post.
The right age to give kids their first cell phone depends on you. The decision should be made not keeping in mind age factor but according to how much they are responsible, following rules at school and home, family needs. It is a personal decision to give a mobile phone to your child; nowadays children demand mobile phones earlier.
- Parents get into pressure and for them, it becomes difficult to handover mobile phones as you are not giving phone but the power to communicate and media related tools.
- Through this, they can upload and text and create images and pictures that become viral widely instantly. This is a matter of consideration for parents to decide whether their children are prepared to use this technology with responsibility or not.
- As per study and research, a child starts using his first cell phone at the average age of 10.3 years. As per study depicts 50% of kids have created their accounts on social media like Face book and Instagram by the time they are 12 years.
- This is not same as the Bill gates family. An interview was given to the mirror, by the Bill Gates he stated that he had not allowed any mobile phone to his kids until they turned 14 years in age.
- This is true. Presently kids now 14, 17 and 20 had not permitted to use mobile phones until they reached the age to attend high school.
CEO of ‘Common Sense Media’, that reviews contents for families and review products, James Steyer like Bill Gates believes that the children should be in high school age before they are handed mobile phones and after demonstrating to them they can be controlled and understand the importance of communicating directly.
Steyer says regarding the parents going through the same condition and that no kids are equal. It’s their maturity level and sense of responsibility matters instead of his or her age.
The maturity level in kids can be evaluated before giving a kid first-time mobile phone by going through some enlisted practically based questions that you are needed to think yourself. They contain certain points that needed to be considered:
- The reason behind the use of the phone is regarding be socially active or for security basis?
- Do they able to get how much period they should talk and download the application?
- Do they understand not to type messages or use the mobile phone in class to avoid disturbance to others in the class by their activities on phone in class and behave responsibly without creating harassment and embarrassment for others?
It is interesting to know that though mobile phones have been distributed there is certain restrictions regarding the time of using a cell phone in Bill gates family. For children and parents, it is strictly prohibited to use mobile gadgets during dinner time. Bill gates told in some interview that kids have restriction on watching TV or using mobiles after a particular period. This way child sleeps earlier.
HTC Desire 530 is a Stronger Device
In this analysis of HTC Desire 530 vs 626, It is being recognized that HTC Desire 530 is having 10 percent more battery capacity, a removable battery, a radio, an NFC, a 0.1 modern wireless variant, a standard ISO, a serial shooting system, as well as an integrated HDR system.
- More analysis in the layout of HTC desire 626 vs 530 offers us this information of the two as follow; thickness; HTC Desire 530 has been 8.3 mm dense, whereas HTC 626 has been 8.2 mm thick.
- Size; HTC Desire 530 is 70.9 mm the very same size as HTC Desire 626. Height; both mobile devices are all of the same peak (146.9 mm). Volume; the volumes of HTC Desire 530 as well as HTC Desire 626 must be the same (86.45cm3).
Radiation of Wellness Concerns
Mobile phones operate with radio waves. This is radiation (although it isn’t exactly what you would get from such an X-ray). Would that impact health particularly if kids begin using devices at a very youthful era when their heads are still growing?
- In 2011, global research found no association between mobile phone use as well as brain tumors in teenagers and adolescents. The studies noted out, however, that the individuals in the research did not use their devices as much as they do today.
- However, specialists claim that larger research is required. Director the Joel Moskowitz Center for Community and Family Health at the School of Public Health at UC Berkeley States, it will take a few years to obtain definitive proof on the above.
- The page of the FDA says that scientific proof shows no risk to consumers of radiofrequency energy consumption mobile phones, such as kids and adolescents. Cell phone consumers can decrease their risk by investing less time on the phone or just use a palms-free device or voice system when having a call.
Sleep (or Lack of Sleep)
If your kid would have a mobile phone next to her at going to bed, will she genuinely go to bed, or will she stay awake and have text?
- Pediatricians are now seeing increasing evidence which mobile phones, particularly those which allow children to message, can interrupt child sleeping habits.
- In a recent study, four out of five mobile phones-owning teenagers sleep on or off their beds, as well as teenagers who may have a message, are 42 times more likely to those who do not keep their phone near at night to make sure they have text. Sleep is essential for growing children.
You could still put several basic rules with a device curfew to make sure your kid has a full night’s sleep.
Teen Drivers as Well as Texting
Texting while riding is a major danger. The Virginia Tech Transportation Research unit research demonstrates that this is the most annoying job a rider can do.
- Another study has discovered that speaking on the device hands-free or not also impacts riding abilities as often as drinking alcohol. Or even, as per the National Safety Committee, 28 percent of all traffic accidents are triggered by riders using a mobile device or even a call.
- Don’t believe that your adolescent won’t use a mobile while riding. In one study, about as much as half of the 16-17 year old which own mobile phones retorted they communicated on the mobile while riding and even a third of all those teenagers who email confessed they wrote while riding.