This post is brought to you by Daniel Perez.
Traveling to Mexico can be quite a delightful experience. While there are several places that are great to travel to, Cancun is amongst the best. People of all ages flock to Cancun to enjoy the delicious cuisine, fun nightlife, and beautiful beaches and watersports. If you are thinking of visiting Cancun or you have already planned your trip, this article will share some ideas on things you must do while on holiday.
- Chichen Itza Day Trip from Cancun. If you love to visit historical sites while on vacation, you will certainly want to add Chichen Itza to your list of places to visit. You can hire a tour from Cancun to take you to visit Chichen Itza, the ancient capital of the Maya Empire. It is considered to be the most appreciated archaeological zone of the Yucatan. While there, you can see the ball court, Pyramid of Kukulkan, as well as the Temple of the Warriors. While on your day trip, you will be able to enjoy great cuisine and beautiful weather.
- Rent a yacht and visit Isla Mujeres. If you love to sail, then you will want to research renting yachts in Cancun. The water is magnificent and the views from the water are breathtaking. Renting a yacht will allow you to explore the waters whether it be by swimming, snorkeling, or sailing. In fact, so many love to enjoy the water this way that they rent a yacht for the day and sale to a gorgeous island called Isla Mujeres. It is here that you can go on a dolphin discovery tour, visit Garrafon Natural Reef Park, or the island’s turtle farm. There are so many things to do that you may want to stay there!
- Swim with whales and sharks. It is not every day that you can swim in the water with sharks and whales. While in Cancun consider signing up for such an excursion. It is doubtful that you will regret doing so! Mexican whale sharks can be seen off the Yucatan Coast from Playa del Carmen. Many book day-long group snorkeling tours so that they can have the once in a lifetime opportunity to swim with these fish while also looking for dolphins and turtles.
- Rio Secreto Underground River Tour with Crystal Caves. This tour will not disappoint! Your guide will take you through the underground cave and you will have an opportunity to check out crystal formations on the ceiling and the floor. You can walk along the path of the cave or you can wade and swim through the river.
- Xcaret Park Admission Tour. Check out this great eco-archeological park which offers nature, history, culture, and great cuisine. There are more than 40 attractions at this park which makes for a great day of family fun. Some attractions include an equestrian show, butterfly pavilion, and a Mexican Folk Art Museum. To access the use of lockers, go snorkeling, receive unlimited beverages and a buffet lunch, upgrade to the Xcaret Plus ticket and all of these extras will be included.