I received free tickets for this review, all opinions are my own.
My husband and I have attended a few shows in the past at the Hale Center Theater in West Valley City, UT. We were so excited to attend a blogger event and be able to see the production of Sister Act which is playing now! Sister Act is about a group of people coming together for the love of music. It doesn’t matter where you come from or what has happened in your life, the love of music can bring you together!
““Sister Act tells a wonderful story of people from vastly different worlds that are brought together through the love of music,” said Sally Dietlein, HCT vice president and executive producer. “This heart-warming story features amazing eight-part harmonies and nun’s habits that become increasingly more colorful and sparkly as the show progresses. It’s a smartly-written and funny show that will have you shouting allelujah and praying for an encore.” Sister Act is based on the award-winning 1992 film, by the same name, starring Whoopi Goldberg. The film was adapted into a hit musical by Bill and Cheri Steinkellner with music by Disney hit-writer, Alan Menken and lyrics by Glenn Slater. The musical premiered on October 24, 2006 at the Pasadena Playhouse in Pasadena California, where it broke records as the highest grossing show ever at the playhouse. The production had a brief run in Atlanta, Georgia in 2007 before opening in the West End at the London Palladium on June 2, 2009. On April 20, 2011, Sister Act opened at the Broadway Theatre for a run of 561 performances, eventually closing August, 26, 2012. Sister Act was nominated for four Laurence Olivier Awards, five Tony Awards and five Drama Desk Awards.” (Hale Center Theater Press pack)
I was really excited to see this show which was amazing by the way! The singing and acting were top notch and such a fun show! ( I would say not intended for ages below 10, there is a killing scene like in the movie and also a bit of swearing)
I also really loved learning about the new incredible theater that is being built in Sandy, UT and should be finished sometime next, just in time for the last couple of plays being done! The Sandy Theater is going to be a round theater like they have now only bigger and better and the ticket prices won’t be going up that much! The part I loved is that I could take my whole family for less than $100!
“How big is the current Hale Centre Theatre?
• The current theatre in West Valley City is 42,000 square feet and seats 613 patrons in one theatre.
How big is the new building?
• The new Sandy City Theatre is 130,000 square feet
• There will be two new state-of- the-art stages under one roof for a combined total of 1360 seats
What types of stages will there be?
• The new Hale Centre Theatre will feature a new Centre Stage which will comfortably seat 900 patrons and a new horseshoe shaped Jewel Box stage which will comfortably seat 460 patrons.
What improvements can patrons look forward to in the new Sandy theatre?
• Stage automation and flying systems in the Centre Stage theatre will be unmatched world-wide.
• The Jewel Box stage, proscenium thrust, arcs into the audience in an engaging way that will allow HCT to present theatre that is best show-cased in this format.
• With two stages operating at the same time, patrons will be able to attend productions year-round.
• Very comfortable seating will offer plenty of legroom with optimal sight lines
• More than enough bathroom facilities – no more waiting in long lines
• Luxurious hosting rooms for private receptions pre-show dinners
• Patrons will enjoy a beautiful park complete with stunning fountains, generously provided by Sandy City
• Parking – There will be plenty of free covered parking adjacent to the building, allowing patrons to get from car to theatre without stepping into the elements.
How will this move impact ticket prices?
Over the years, ticket prices have increased as expenses have gone up. HCT is pleased to announce that with new additional seating, ticket prices will range from as low as $14 per ticket (Youth Season Ticket ages 5-17) to as high as $39 (Adult single ticket). Adult Season Tickets are still available for under $30 per performance. Please see hct.org for additional pricing information. Future ticket price increases are far less than they would have been due to additional seating in the new Sandy location.
Where is the new theatre located?
• The new theatre is conveniently located adjacent to Interstate 15 on the east side at 9900 Monroe Street, Sandy City, Utah. It is located near many restaurants, retailers and hotels.
How many performances are there each year in the current West Valley City location?
• Hale Centre Theatre has been operating at full capacity since 2004 with more than 400 performances a year.
How many performances will there be each year in the new Hale Centre?
• The new theatre in Sandy is anticipated to provide more than 700 performances a year between the two stages.
What is the timeline for the new theatre?
Jewel Box stage grand opening – September 2017
Centre Stage grand opening – November 2017
Why the move?
Hale Centre Theatre is expanding because the current seating capacity does not meet demand.
The Theatre has performed at nearly 100 percent capacity since 2004 with an average of more
than 400 performances annually.
The increase in performances will provide more opportunities for artists and patrons alike to
enjoy more forms of professional, family theatre. This means an increase in full-time and part-
time employment opportunities
The theatre brings to Sandy an eight-time Best of State winning arts in education program.
Throughout the year, the theatre will host hundreds of young students from the community.” (Hale Center Theater Press)
I can’t wait to attend the new Hale Center Theater! These plays are so much fun for the entire family (ages 5 and up depending on the play) I love that most if not all of their plays are meant for the family to enjoy together!
Tickets Make the Perfect Stocking Stuffer for Christmas! ( I asked my husband for the Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, my favorite!)
Hale Center Theater gets Bragging Rights!
One lucky winner will win tickets to see The Sister Act!
The Tickets will be good for either Friday, November 25, 2016 at 7:30. Saturday, November 26, 2016 – 12:30 PM. Saturday, November 26, 2016 – 4:00 PM. Saturday, November 26, 2016 at 7:30. Please remember this is Thanksgiving weekend, if you can’t attend any of these showings please don’t enter, thank you so much!
Please enter via the giveaway widget below.