I have been to Disneyland many times as a child and as an adult. I have always dreamed about staying at the Disneyland Hotel but never have. So I decided when I started planning my Disneyland Vacation that I would actually fulfill my dream and stay there.
Perks of Staying at the Disneyland Hotel
- The Monorail-As a Disneyland Hotel Guest you can take advantage of entering the park via the Monorail. You board at the Downtown Disney station, which is a short walk from the hotel, and enter the park at the Tomorrowland Station. This eliminates so much walking, we loved it!
- California Adventures entrance– As a Disneyland Hotel guest you get to enter California Adventures through the Grand California Hotel entrance (this is only available to hotel guests).
- Early Morning admission– As a hotel guest you get to enter the parks 1 hour before regular admission. Depending on the day you will be allowed to enter Disneyland or California Adventures. This gives you 1 hour to ride attraction without the large crowds. Disneyland has limited rides open in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland during this hour. All of the major attractions in California Adventures are open during this hour. Hint: Arrive at least 15 minutes before the early hour starts. If you aren’t in the front of the group waiting at the rope, skip Radiator Springs Racers. Everyone goes to this ride and it ends up having a pretty significant wait. Instead use this hour to walk on attractions like the Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania, and Mickey’s Fun Wheel. We were able to ride The Tower of Terror more than once as a walk on attraction. It was great!
- The Pools- Taking a swim at the Disneyland Hotel is so fun! With Monorail water slides, splash pools, small slides for little ones and a Mickey shaped hot tub the fun is endless! They even have free life jackets if you have little ones who don’t know how to swim yet.
And no vacation is complete without a drink from the pool side waiters, yum!
- World of Color- As a hotel guest you get access to reserved World of Color seating, no fast pass needed.
- Room Key– Your room key can be used to charge any purchases in Disneyland or California Adventures. Food, souvenirs, snacks. You can leave your wallet in the room’s safe, all you need is your room key.
- The Disney Atmosphere- Everything at the Disneyland Hotel has little Disney touches. From the light up castle with fireworks on the headboard (it plays music and the kids love it) to the Mickey hands holding the lights on the walls. It is such a fun atmosphere and keeps the Disney experience going even when you are just relaxing in your room.
- Restaurants- The Disneyland Hotel has some great restaurants. Goofy’s Kitchen is a very fun choice for a fun character dining experience. We did the brunch buffet and the food was very good and the kids loved it.
We also ate at the Steakhouse 55 for breakfast and it was SOOOO Delicious! I also enjoyed getting a drink from Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar on our way up to the room after a long day of park fun.
Tips for Staying at the Disneyland Hotel
- Tower Request- We recommend asking for the Adventure Tower since it is the closest walk to downtown Disney and if you get a park view room you will have the best view from this tower. The Fantasy tower is the best second choice, it is the home to the lobby and gift shops. The Frontier tower is the farthest away so it is best to be in one of the other two.
- Find the best price- We booked our trip through Get Away Today. It was a great experience booking through them. They saved us money and offer great vacation packages. Check them out on the Get Away Today website or call 855-GET-AWAY to talk to an agent. Make sure you use or mention the promo code: Brag14 when booking to get an additional $10 off any package!
I definitely feel like it it worth it to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. It was a very fun and memorable experience. It costs more than staying outside of the resort, but I think it is worth saving the extra money to stay there!
Let Tamron help you capture all of the magical memories.
Want to win a trip to Disneyland?!
Be sure to enter our Disneyland Vacation Giveaway! You could win a family trip to Disneyland as well as other fantastic prizes (double stroller, camera lens, gift cards).