I attended and advanced screening of this movie for my review. All opinions are my own.
My son and I were counting down the days to see Jurassic World. We saw it and we really enjoyed it! It is a really entertaining movie that did not disappoint us as huge Jurassic Park fans.
“Steven Spielberg returns to executive produce the long-awaited next installment of his groundbreaking Jurassic Park series, Jurassic World. Colin Trevorrow directs the epic action-adventure from a screenplay he wrote with Derek Connolly. Frank Marshall and Patrick Crowley join the team as producers.
Visitors at the Jurassic World theme park run for their lives when the genetically engineered Indominus Rex and other dinosaurs go on a rampage.”
5 Reasons Jurassic World is a Must See Movie!
1. The Park is Open- I remember watching Jurassic Park as a kid and loving it. I really like in Jurassic World that the park is open. That was John Hammond’s dream and intention in the first film. Finally being able to see that come to life is really fun for me as a big Jurassic Park fan since childhood.
2. The Action- This movie is action packed. You will not be disappointed when it comes to the action, it has a lot more action than any of the other movies in the Jurassic Park series. There isn’t a lot of story line or character development, but the action more than makes up for that.
3. The Dinosaurs- The effects in the movie are really great. The dinosaurs look real and are so believable and scary. Especially the new dinosaur they have created, the Indominus Rex. Also, the Pterodactyls play a big role in the action and I enjoyed seeing that since they weren’t really really shown much in Jurassic Park 1 and 2.
4. Great Cast- I loved Chris Pratt in this movie, he is fantastic. I also liked the other cast members and I felt they all worked really well together and in their roles. Also they added the perfect amount of comic relief in between the action. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I laughed during this movie.
6. It’s Emotional- For me I felt so many emotions while watching this movie. I was happy, nostalgic, sad, worried, scared, In fact when the movie ended I was feeling quite emotional and I think it is because I felt so much during the movie. I really like when a movie can have this effect on me.
My son is still talking about it and I’m sure we will see it again in the theaters (or more).
I’m sure you are already planning to go see this movie, or already have your tickets purchased. So you probably don’t need much persuading, but I highly recommend going to see this movie in theaters!
Should Kids See It? Jurassic World is rated PG-13 for intense sequences of science-fiction violence and peril. My suggestion for kids seeing it would be definitely don’t bring a child under 5 or a child that scares easily. In my opinion it is extremely violent and you will see many people being eaten and hurt. Lots of blood, people in dinosaurs mouths, etc…Compared to the first 3 Jurassic Park movies it is a lot more violent. It is also scary and suspenseful. My 7 year old son thought it was awesome but he has seen all the super hero movies. If you are worried about whether or not your child should be seeing it, I recommend watching it first and then deciding based on your child.
Jurassic World is NOW PLAYING in theaters!
Jurassic World gets Bragging Rights!
Watch the trailer…
Visit the official site at JurassicWorldMovie.com