I use to have serious envy when I heard all my friends were making cute hardbound books with pictures of their kids in them. I have always been a ‘scrapbooker’, and since I do mostly digital, I have always wanted to make a digital scrapbook with all of my layouts. However, I have never been caught up on my kids’ pictures and I always thought making a book would take up more time than I could give it….so I never tried.
Lucky for me, I was able to make a photo book of my Son’s first year through Mixbook!
“Mixbook is the easy and fun way to make completely customizable photo books, cards, and calendars on the web – for free. With Mixbook, you aren’t limited to static pre-designed templates – our powerful design software gives you the freedom to lay out and design your creations to your heart’s content. We’ve dedicated ourselves to bringing you the best experience in creating photo products so that you can make keepsakes that truly reflect your vision. With Mixbook, you can truly Make It Yours™.”
Mixbook is perfect for:
- Photo Books – the world’s most customizable photo books, with gorgeous professional designs for books about your wedding, baby, family, vacation, school, sports team, and more!
- Photo Calendars – the best way to capture your year in memories to keep or share as a gift, Mixbook’s calendars are fully customizable – you can even add your own events or photos to the calendar grid!
- Birth Announcements, Invitations and Stationery – the first site on the web that allows you to make gorgeous cards and stationery that are truly personalized to you!
- Digital Scrapbooking – with thousands of free designs and complete customizability, Mixbook is the best digital scrapbooking site on the web!
- Yearbooks – collaborate with parents, students and teachers to create the perfect yearbook for your school, sports team, group or company
- Group Gifts – Mixbook’s powerful collaboration features make it easy to create a going away present for a friend, a birthday present for your co-worker, or the ultimate keepsake for your loved ones.
First off, let me tell you how easy this can be. If you have no knowledge of digital scrapbooking, Mixbook can pretty much do it all for you! All you really have to do is download the pictures. Online scrapbooking is definitely the way to go! Now I can’t really tell you that it only took an hour to do my book….because it took MUCH longer than that. But only because I choose to do a lot of customizing with my own computer program. I started with a ‘blank canvas’. That’s why I love Mixbook so much!! They allow me the freedom of making my book JUST how I want it.
I chose to make an 11 x 14″ Coffee Table Landscape Photo Book. It was quick & easy to start out. I didn’t have to learn how to navigate the website because it was so easy, and I was able to get started right away. The thing that took the longest was downloading all my pictures. Next time I do a book (and I will definitely be doing another one), I will only download the pictures that I for sure want to use….instead of downloading my whole folder!
There were so many layouts for me to use. From 1 photo to 21 photos, I loved having so many options! I was also able to chose backgrounds & stickers (that came pre-loaded) or I could have designed my own and uploaded them….which I did a lot of. It was simple to add text and I could even edit my pictures right there in Mixbook (which is great if you don’t already have a editing program). I ordered my Mixbook and was surprised that the shipping was so fast. It arrived at my house about five days after I ordered it. My book is absolutely PERFECT! I am so happy with the way it turned out. It will definitely be a keepsake for my son and I think he will love looking through it once he is older. Now I just need to make some for my girls.
Things that get BRAGGING RIGHTS:
- Complete Freedom of Design
- Collaborate with friends & family
- Use photos from anywhere (Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, and others)
- Thousands of free creative elements
- Professional Quality
- No download required (LOVE THIS!)
Mixbook gets BRAGGING RIGHTS!
Just in time for Mother’s Day, you can get 20% off your purchase at Mixbook!! Use code ‘BRAGGING20’ at checkout.
Mixbook is generously giving away an 11×8.5” Hardcover Photo Book to one lucky reader!!!
How to enter: Leave comments below with your qualifying entries. Leave a Separate comment for each entry telling us which you qualify for.
MANDATORY 1st entry– Visit www.mixbook.com and tell us something you learned that you can do with Mixbook (other than what was mentioned above).
1st Mandatory Entry must be completed before you can qualify for additional entries. All extra entries who don’t do the mandatory entry will be deleted.
- 1 entry-‘Like’ Mixbook on Facebook
- 1 entry– Follow Mixbook on Twitter
- 2 entries– Subscribe to their Blog via email or RSS feed
- 2 entries– Grab The Bragging Mommy button and put it on your blog. Leave a link.
- 1 entry for each– Follow The Bragging Mommy via Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Twitter, subscribe to emails, subscribe in reader.
- 3 entries– Blog about this giveaway linking to this post. Leave a link.
- 1 entry per day– Tweet this giveaway using @braggingmommy and @mixbook. Include a link to this post in your tweet.
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
You can enter this giveaway until May 11th @10:00 am MST. The winner will then be chosen at random, verified and contacted via email. The winner will have 48 hours to email us back and claim the prize, if prize is not claimed within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you agree to The Bragging Mommy Full Disclosure. You must be over the age of 18 and live in the Contiguous US to enter.
*I received a photo book from Mixbook for the purpose of this review