I use Q-tips to clean my ears daily, and regularly as I need them but I never realized how many wonderful uses they have! Here is a fabulous list (from Q-tips) of uses. I have found it so very helpful in my everyday life:
Art & Crafts
Paintbrushes for Small Hands
Remove Dirt and Grime Easily
· Remove the grime from hard-to-reach places on model train gearboxes, drive axles and bearings with Q-tips® cotton swabs.
Extra Glue for Arts & Crafts
· Q-tips® cotton swabs and Q-tips® Precision Tips™ are great for applying glue to models and arts and crafts projects. Use one tip to apply the glue and the other to remove any excess before it dries.
Precision Tools for Pottery
Easy Touch-Ups with Fresh Paint
· Q-tips® cotton swabs are the perfect tool to touch-up hard-to-reach areas on freshly painted model airplanes and cars – or even dollhouses.
Fun Face Paint for Halloween!
· For Halloween, use Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to paint images – like daisies, rainbows, hearts and stars – on the face using different colors of liquid eyeliner and shadows.
A Gentler Clean for Baby
· Moisten Q-tips® cotton swabs with warm water to clean your baby’s outer ear, folds of the neck or between toes, nostrils and eyes.
· Dip a Q-tips® cotton swab in rubbing alcohol to clean around your newborn’s umbilical cord.
Medicine Application for Active Tots
· Q-tips® cotton swabs are great for applying medications and ointments to minor cuts and bruises – they are convenient, clean and disposable.
A Fantastic Alternative to the Makeup Brush
· Q-tips® cotton swabs and Q-tips® Precision Tips™ are an excellent alternative to using a makeup brush or sponge. They provide precise makeup application, are great for softening the bright colors, and safe for delicate skin around the eyes.
Disposable Eye Shadow Brushes
· Q-tips® cotton swabs and Q-tips® Precision Tips™ are great for eye shadow application because they are disposable so you can use a new one for each color to ensure hues stay true. No need to worry about washing brushes while layering colors…they are a cleaner alternative!
Fix the Makeup “Oops”!
· To fix makeup mistakes, just dip a dot of makeup remover on a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tip™ – to erase it! Perfect for fixing a smudge without having to re-do your whole look.
Keep Makeup In Place on Your Face!
· Dip Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ under a little water to pick up any makeup particles that have fallen under the eye or on your cheeks.
Highlight Brows and Cheekbones
· As a great way to highlight and brighten the cheekbones and eyes, apply a natural shade of shimmer powder using Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to the upper brow area and apple of the cheekbone.
Rosy Up Those Cheeks
· Rosy up those cheeks with a hint of pink shimmer. Use Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to apply your shimmering powder to the apples of cheeks to get glowing in no time.
A Healthy Glow – Year Round
- Keep up a healthy glow all year by adding bronzer or shimmer to your cheeks using Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™.
The Ultimate Smokey Eye Look
· To achieve a quick smokey eye, draw a thick line close to your lash line using your eyeliner and smudge upwards with a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tip™ to create a “smokey” effect.
Day to Night Glamour in Shades of Gray
· To instantly take your look from daytime to date night use Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ and a small eye shadow compact with shades of gray. Use one to layer and blend multiple hues for a softer, updated version of the "smokey eye."
Dab Three Dots to Hide Under Eye Circles
· Hide under eye circles by using one end of a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tip™ to dab on three dots of concealer and the other end to blend in for a seamless finish.
Keep Your Perfect Pout in Place
· Keep lip color from bleeding by using Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to apply loose translucent powder along the outer edge of the lips.
A Quick Fix for Eye Shadow Creases
· Smooth eye shadow creases on the lids with Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™.
Create a Shimmering Glow
- Use Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to apply concealer or shimmer cream along the center of nose for a longer, thinner look. To further enhance the long, thin look, apply two dots of taupe shadow to either side of the bridge of your nose.
For Longer Lasting Mascara
- To dramatize eyes and keep mascara lasting all night long, apply extra coats of mascara. First apply one coat of mascara, then dip a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tip™ in translucent powder and sweep over lashes. Finally, cover with a second coat of mascara.
Define Cheeks with Cream Blush
- To define cheeks, use a Q-tips® cotton swab to apply cream blush to hollows of cheeks and blend it up and out into skin with clean fingers toward the hairline.
Achieve a Softer Lip Color
- To achieve a softer lip color, use Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to line lips with blush.
Dot Dot Dash for Softer Lip Liner
- To soften your lip liner look, make a dot dot dash pattern with lip liner and use a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tip™ to blend and soften.
Ready, Set, Go (out)!
· To set your make-up before a party, apply a loose translucent powder with Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™.
Fill In Brows for a Softer Look
· After tweezing eyebrows, fill in brows with an eye pencil or shadow. Wipe off any excess with a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tip™ to create a softer look.
· Rather than applying powder on the entire face, use your Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to dab loose powder only where you need it – for example, the center of the forehead, the sides of the nose and the chin.
Come In for a Gorgeous Landing
· “Roll” Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ in your favorite eye shadow and store in a plastic wrap – re-apply after flight.
Apply Fake Lashes
· Use Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to help apply fake lashes! Start by applying a dab of lash adhesive to a Q-tips® cotton swab. Keep the tip as close to the lash line and use it to guide the application of the faux lash strip.
Simplify Your Beauty Routine
· Simplify your beauty routine and space – stick to five beauty essentials: tinted moisturizer, a multi-purpose makeup stick for eyes, cheeks and lips, concealer, one tube of mascara and one of Q-tips® cotton swabs’ four new beautifully designed Vanity Packs help apply your makeup.
Create a Glossy Pout
· Use Q-tips® cotton swabs to apply lip-gloss from a pot.
A Disposable Wand For Concealer
· Use Q-tips® cotton swabs to apply concealer from a container without a wand.
Apply Eye Shadow
· Use Q-tips® cotton swabs to apply darker eye shadow color at the edges or along the lash line.
Maximize The Life of Your Lipstick
Use Q-tips® cotton swabs to get every last bit of color from a lipstick.
Help Treat Blemishes
· To help quickly heal blemishes, apply a small dollop of an acne spot treatment with salicylic acid to the end of a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tip™. They will help you treat blemishes without adding additional oils from your fingers.
Mask a Blemish
· To quickly hide a blemish, simply moisten one end of your Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tip™ with an astringent that contains salicylic acid and lightly dab on to the blemish. Use the other end as a makeup applicator to apply an oil-free concealer to mask the blemish.
Apply Moisturizer with an SPF
- To help ensure even sun protection, use Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to apply a light moisturizer with SPF 15 or higher. Place a dot on your forehead, cheeks, chin and nose, and blend with clean fingers for even coverage.
Remove Puffiness and Soothe Skin
· Help remove puffiness under the eyes with Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™. Place in the freezer a small bag of Q-tips® cotton swabs that have been dampened with water. Once chilled, roll under the eyes to alleviate any puffiness and soothe swollen skin.
Carry-on Eye Cream for Long Flights
- Instead of carrying eye cream on the plane – dip Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ in eye cream and store in plastic wrap. Dab on eye area after takeoff and put on eye mask. Go to sleep and wake up with gorgeous, moist skin.
Anti-Wrinkle Spot-On Applicator
- Use Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to apply your anti-wrinkle cream directly to lines and creases.
Ensure a Long-Lasting Fragrance
· To ensure a long-lasting fragrance, dip a Q-tips® cotton swab into your favorite perfume and apply somewhere on the skin where it will stay put – such as on the neck or behind the ears.
Keep Summer Highlights Glowing
· Keep your summer highlights glowing – use Q-tipsâ cotton swabs to apply just the right amount of highlighter to your hair for streaks or for precision when touching up roots.
The At-Home Manicure
· Give yourself an at-home manicure and pedicure with Q-tips® Precision Tips™ by lightly moistening the end with nail polish remover to create your own "magic wand" that instantly erases unwanted mistakes.
· Use Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to apply self tanning lotion around your eyes and nose for a flawless sun-kissed look.
Flawless Hair Removal
· When using hair-removal wax, use a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tip™ to gently apply the wax to ensure precise application.
Control Crazy Eyebrows
· Control unruly brows by applying a small amount of Vaseline® Petroleum Jelly using Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™.
Cleaner Brow Tweezing
· Before tweezing brows, use Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ soaked in alcohol or an astringent to clean the brow area.
Create a Festive Shimmer!
· Add a fun, festive glow by using Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to “dot” shimmer lotion around the collarbone area or on the shoulders and blend.
For Every Beauty Occasion
· Occasions to have Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ on hand for beauty purposes include Prom, High School reunions, weddings, first day on the job, Halloween, and holidays.
Furniture and Floors Like New!
· Use Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ to touch-up paint on cabinets or walls. Apply wood stain to cover scratches in furniture or floors.
Make Your Silver Shine
· When you bring out the good silver for a special occasion, Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™ are ideal for applying polish to small crevices.
The Perfect Tiny Duster
· Remove dust from picture frames, scroll-work and statues with a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tips™.
Keep Your Computer Spotless
· Keep your home office in good condition. Use a moist Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tip™ to clean the edges of the computer screen and between the keys on your keyboard.
Clean Lenses and Mirrors Carefully
· Dip a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tip™ in alcohol for the perfect tool to clean classic camera lenses, mirrors or seals.
Soft and Gentle on Cuts and Scrapes
· Q-tips® cotton swabs are soft and gentle enough to put antiseptic or ointment to cuts and scrapes.
Cleaning Your Ears Safely
· To clean your ears, stroke Q-tips® cotton swabs gently around the outer surface of your ear, without entering the ear canal.
A Cute AND Clean Face!
- Use Q-tips® cotton swabs for cleaning small crevices of your dog or cat’s face.
Soft and Gentle for Furry Friends
- Use Q-tips® cotton swabs for applying ointments to cuts and scrapes on pets.
- Help your cordless phone keep its charge. Clean the battery contacts of your cordless phone with a Q-tips® cotton swab or Q-tips® Precision Tip™ dipped in alcohol. This helps maintain a good connection between the battery and the cordless device.
A Relaxing Way to Travel
- If you’re traveling, dip Q-tips® cotton swabs in lavender oil and lightly dab under nostrils for a relaxing flight or train ride.
Sweet Smelling Pick-Me-Up
· Moisten the swab portion of a Q-tips® cotton swab with a calming essential oil, such as lavender or eucalyptus. Dab the oil on to pressure points for a quick and soothing pick-me-up.
Be sure to visit the Q-tips® cotton swabs Facebook page where you can enter the Q-tips® Tip-a-Thon! To participate, you and your readers simply need to share the ways you use Q-tips® cotton swabs or Q-tips® Precision Tips™, and you’ll be eligible for a chance to win* a $100 gift card or a grand prize worth $1,000 (to be announced in December).
*No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Q-tips “Q-tips Cotton Swabs Tip-a-Thon” Sweepstakes is sponsored by Conopco, Inc., d/b/a Unilever. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 or older. Begins 12:01 a.m. ET on Monday, October 24, 2011 & ends 11:59 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 15, 2011. For official rules, visit www.facebook.com/Qtips.
I was provided with Q-tips cotton swabs® and information about the product by RocketXL. All opinions are 100% my own.