Easy and accurate self-measurement
“Monitoring your blood pressure is an important part of overall health, but if you’re one of the 20% of people with white coat hypertension, the reading you’re getting at the doctor’s office isn’t accurate. Think about it. They may not come two by two with hands of blue and a wand that makes your brains exit your nostrils, but medical professionals can be intimidating. You may have normal blood pressure at home, but high at the doctor’s office. Or you may have low blood pressure, but test in the normal range at the doc’s. How can you get a true and accurate picture of your heart health?
Easy: test regularly at home. The Withings Blood Pressure Monitor is designed specifically for iOS devices, so it’ll talk to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Simply plug in your iOS device, strap on the cuff, and launch the measurement. The free app keeps your measurement history close at hand so you can detect trends early and be prepared to discuss the big picture at your next doctor’s appointment.”-Think Geek
- Easy and accurate self-measurement of blood pressure
- Connects to any iOS device: iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Simply plug in your device, strap on the cuff, and start measuring
- Free app keeps your measurement history close at hand
- Secured data sharing with your physician
- Cuff oscillometric method
- Measurement range: 0 to 285mmHg
- Accuracy: ±3 mmHg or 2% of reading
- Pulse: from 40 to 180 beats per minute
- Accuracy: 5% of reading
- Cuff circumference: fits arm circumferences 22 to 42cm (9 to 17 in)
- Automatic inflation with air pump at 15 mmHg/s
- Controlled pressure release valve
- Online Dashboard: Free, private and secure online account and access to the best health and coaching online services
With my last pregnancy I had problems with high blood pressure. So being pregnant again I want to make sure I am monitoring my blood pressure regularly. The Withings Blood Pressure Monitor from Think Geek is the perfect way to do that. I simply plug it into my iOS device (I use my iPod Touch) and it is ready to do a reading. The cuff fits comfortably on my arm and gives me an accurate reading each time. I love that all my readings are stored on my iPod Touch so I can see a history of each. It will even average out several readings that are done close together. It is a great and easy way to take your blood pressure and keep a record of it. I highly recommend this at home blood pressure monitor to anyone looking to monitor their blood pressure.
This Blood Pressure Monitor is available at www.ThinkGeek.com.
Think Geek Withings Blood Pressure Monitor gets Bragging Rights!