To keep your hair looking perfect this Fall, Pam Kelly, SR. Director of National Technical Education for Fantastic Sams® Hair Salons, has provided her best tips to keep hair looking great by trying this season’s most popular trend – Ombre!
“Ombre hair coloring is a hand painting technique which applies color from the midshaft to the ends of the hair, creating soft and natural highlights. This trend in hair color and can appear grown-out and is meant to mimic an edgy undone look. Celebs like Drew Barrymore, Rachel Bilson and Jessica Biel have all sported the trend this summer, but for Fall we will see a more muted version of ombre with less of a contrast between the roots and ends of the hair. Long layers with a face framing effect show off the ombre color technique and brighten up the face. If the hair is too short, the color will appear boxy or too chunky and will not take on the natural effect that ombre color is meant to provide. To achieve the most from of this look, remember these tips:
- Ombre is a fairly easy look to keep up (presuming you go from darker roots to lighter ends). For the least maintenance, have your Fantastic Sams stylist choose a color as close to your natural hair color as possible near your roots, then gradually go lighter down the hair shaft.
- While ombre color is low-fuss and budget-friendly (constant root touch-ups will be a thing of the past!), you still need to take care of it. Since you’re lightening your tips more often, be sure to ask your Fantastic Sams stylists about a deep conditioning treatment or a color glaze service to protect your hair.
- To keep your hair and color looking great, wash your hair with a moisture rich formula such as Fantastic Sams Moisturizing Regimen or Color Protect Regimen.
- Be sure to protect your hair from the harsh heat of styling tools. Before styling, use fantasticstyle™ Thermal Guard, it will protect your hair from heat damage while adding softness and incredible shine, plus it has added UV protection.”
Right now you can get $10 off Cut & Color or Cut & Highlights with a minimum $50 Service on the Fantastic Sams Facebook page during the month of October!
How to enter: Leave comments below with your qualifying entries. Leave a Separate comment for each entry telling us which you qualify for.
MANDATORY 1st entry– Visit Fantastic Sams and tell us something you learned or saw there.
1st Mandatory Entry must be completed before you can qualify for additional entries. All extra entries who don’t do the mandatory entry will be deleted
- 3 entries– Like Fantastic Sams on Facebook.
- 1 entry- Tell us your favorite Fantastic Sams product.
- 1 entry– Tell us one of your hair care secrets or tips.
- 2 entries– Grab The Bragging Mommy button and put it on your blog. Leave a link.
- 1 entry for each– Follow The Bragging Mommy via Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Twitter subscribe to emails, subscribe in reader.
- 10 entries– Blog about this giveaway linking to this post. Leave a link.
- 1 entry per day– Tweet this giveaway including a link to this post, & @braggingmommy in your tweet.
You can enter this giveaway until November 3rd @10:00 am MST. The winner will then be chosen at random, verified and contacted via email. The winner will have 48 hours to email us back and claim the prize, if prize is not claimed within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. By entering this giveaway you agree to The Bragging Mommy Full Disclosure. You must be over the age of 18 and live in the Contiguous US to enter.